- Ships expedited in a reusable insulated cooler to ensure freshness
- Assortment of four French cheeses
- Imported from France
- Have a country themed party
- A wonderful gift for your gourmet foodies in your life
Made for those cheese lovers with a taste for robust flavors and aromatic cheeses. Our French Cheeses for the Connoisseur is perfect for a Francophile-centric fromagier, or anyone looking to enjoy some bold selections of French cheese classics. We have included four of our favorites (a virtually impossible decision).
- Pont L’Eveque: One of the world’s ancient cheeses, Pont L’Eveque is a small washed-rind cheese that dates back to the Thirteenth Century. It is well known for its delicate bouquet, which is said to be reminiscent of the Norman countryside. However, it does tend to have a strong, pungent aroma that is not for the timid. (8 oz)
- Comte Reserve: Comte is made with fresh Alpine milk and formed into 80-pound wheels. This extraordinary cheese is a noticeable upgrade from our base Comte, more complex and nutty. Comte Reserve has a pronounced nose and is a divine treasure cherished by connoisseurs. (7.5 oz)
- Buche de Chevre: This wonderful goat’s milk cheese from Poitou in the Loire Valley comes to us in handcrafted wooden crates the most exquisite chevre we have ever tasted! When enjoying this cheese, you savor a delightful combination of flavors and textures in each bite. Buche de Chevre is a true delicacy that begs for a warm, crusty French baguette and a glass of robust red wine from neighboring Bordeaux. (7.5 oz)
- Fourme d’Ambert: This AOC (name controlled) creamy blue cheese is a lovely French treasure. Fourme d’Ambert is cave-aged for a minimum of two months, made from raw cow’s milk and has a tremendous, creamy, full-bodied flavor. (7.5 oz)
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.